1. What happens to my deposit if I cancel after I have booked?
If you cancel your trip before you have paid your final balance, you can move your booking and deposit to another trip free-of-charge. You can do this for any reason and as often as you like.
2. What happens to my money if Wild Expeditions cancels my trip?
If we cancel your trip because of Covid-19, or for any reason, we will give you your money back (i.e. a full refund). Or you can ask us to transfer your booking, previous deposit and your final balance, if already paid, over to another trip.
3. Once I have paid the final balance, what happens to my money if I have to cancel my trip because I test positive for Covid-19?
If this happens within 14 days of your due date of departure and you are unable to claim a full or partial refund under the cancellation terms of your travel insurance policy, you may transfer the money you have paid to us to another trip or trips (of equal or greater value), without loss.
4. Once I have paid the final balance, what happens to my money if I have to cancel my trip for a reason other than Covid-19?
If you have to cancel a trip for a reason other than Covid-19 (as above), our normal booking conditions and cancellation charges will apply. If you have taken out travel insurance, it is likely you will be able to claim cancellation under the normal provisions of your policy.
5. What if new rules mean I need to quarantine on returning home before the trip begins:
If there is a change of status of your home country, requiring you to quarantine on return, whether at home or in a government facility, you will be able to transfer your booking to a later trip without charge.
6. After the trip has begun:
The trip will continue if it is reasonable to carry on. If you decide to return home before any new deadlines for enforced quarantine, or for whatever reason, no refund or compensation will be due. You should claim for curtailment and associated costs from your travel insurance.
The UK’s Traffic Light System for International Travel
1. We will not operate a trip to or through a country on the UK’s Covid-19 RED list but we may take bookings, anticipating that the status may change before the trip is due to depart.
2. We will operate trips to other countries (not on the red list) whenever possible and complying with appropriate regulations to mitigate the risk of spreading the infection.
Extended Booking Information
1. Deposits can be paid via the various listed methods shown at the bottom of this page, including Paypal, Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Delta and American Express.
2. Your deposit secures your place on the expedition.
3. Final Payments must be made 6 weeks before departure. An invoice for the remaining balance will be sent to you via email 8-10 weeks before departure.
4. If we do not receive the final payment 6 weeks before departure, we regret that may need to cancel your place on the trip.
5. If you make your booking within 6 weeks of the expedition departure, payment will need to be made in full.
While we will endeavour to assist you with any changes you are forced to make, there are certain irretrievable costs in organising an expedition which we need to consider. The following constitutes our cancellation policy.
We strongly advise you to book your travel insurance as soon as possible, in order to claim against it in the event that you are forced to cancel. We offer the following refunds if you cancel in the following timescales.
Up to 42 days before departure: Full refund (including your deposit).
Between 42 and 14 days: refund of 50% of the expedition cost.
Between 14 and 3 days: refund of 25% of the expedition cost.
Within 48 hours of departure: We are unable to offer a refund.
If circumstances force you to leave the expedition early, you will have to do so at your own expense.
Wild Expeditions Changes
1. We reserve the right to change the itinerary and expedition arrangements in the event of factors outside of our control, including but not limited to weather events, political or security issues, or problems with accommodation. We endeavour to update you on any such changes as quickly as possible.
2. If such problems occur during an expedition, we will make alternative arrangements, keeping to the original itinerary as closely as possible.
3. If Wild Expeditions are forced to cancel your expedition, you will be given the option of a full refund or the choice to move your monies paid onto a future trip.
4. We are not liable to pay you any additional travel or any other costs, expenses or losses which you incur as a result of any change or cancellation by us. We encourage you to have appropriate travel insurance in place to this end.
5. We reserve the right to remove you from an expedition or before departure in the following circumstances:
- If we believe you may place fellow clients or local staff in danger.
- If we believe your participation may be detrimental to Wild Expeditions as a company.
- In cases of physical or verbal abuse towards any member of the team or serious cultural insensitivity.
1. It is a condition of booking with Wild Expeditions that you take out appropriate travel insurance. You must send us proof of cover when you make payment of the final balance for your Expedition. We can advise on suitable insurers if necessary.
Passport, Visa and Health Requirements
1. Please ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months after the date of returning from your expedition.
2. You are responsible for applying for your visa. Please ensure you do so in good time to allow for the smooth running of the trip.
3. Please check with your doctor or nurse which vaccinations and medication you may require. Obtain these in good time. You may be required to bring relevant vaccination certificates on your trip.
We endeavour to give you the journey of a lifetime and will ensure the highest professionalism and safety standards. Despite this, our liability is limited. We are not liable
to you for:
1. Any event which happens before you board our transport at the Meeting Point or after you leave our transport at departure.
2. Any problem arising from your failure to reach the meeting point on time, for whatever reason (though we would do our best to help you in any way we reasonably could).
3. Any aspect of goods or services you buy or accept other than those arranged by us.
4. Medical problems or physical difficulties, even if you have told us about them in advance.
5. Medical Emergencies.
6. Your own carelessness or negligence in any aspect of your behaviour whilst with us.
7. Changes we reasonably make to an itinerary or to accommodation or any other aspect of the management of a trip.
8. It is to your understanding that health and safety issues in many of our destinations are not up to the same standard as those in Western countries. If you partake in any of the optional activities that we offer then it is done at your own risk and you acknowledge the warnings that we state in our expedition document.
9. Problems or issues which we could have resolved whilst on an expedition but which you raise only after your return.
10. Injury, illness, death, loss (including loss of enjoyment or possessions), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from either:
10a: the act or omission of you or anyone in your party;
10b: the act or omission of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday.
11. Services we have not provided. The services and features included in your expedition are those specified in our web site. If you choose to buy other goods or services during your holiday, those are not part of the package we provide, even if arranged at your request through our expedition leader. Accordingly, we are not liable to you for any happening in connection with that service or those goods.